Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Oops, I Got Paint On My Dress

Nana Love
16"x 20"



That's me, the "Lucky Girl", wearing my favorite petticoat and leaning on my Nana's knee.
Every summer my Nana would take me to fabric stores to select patterns, material and notions for school jumpers.  I devoured these expeditions, thoroughly perusing every aisle, bolt after bolt of textiles, taking in all the textures, colors and prints.  This annual excursion went on for years.

We'd also watch old Shirley Temple movies, go to department store fashion shows and practice table manners at restaurants.
I learned to sew snaps on the doll clothes I designed from left-over scraps and discarded hankies. ----And look where it got me today; still prowling  through second-life bins,  creating with whatever strikes my fancy-pants.

The linen, from my hubby's family, holds my free motion stitching rubbed with wax crayon.
Still playing with Crayolas after all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment